Christopher Abbott Biography: Netflix, Age, Wife, Net Worth, Instagram, IMDb, Height, Wikipedia, Movies & TV Shows
Christopher Jacob Abbott (born 1 February 1986) is a renowned American actor and creative TV personality.
He also has an extensive career on stage, having played in both Broadway and Off-Broadway productions.
Christopher Abbott is famously known for his role as Charlie Dattalo in the HBO comedy-drama series Girls and his appearance as Mason Tenneti in The Sinner.
|Wiki Facts & About Data|
|Full Name:||Christopher Jacob Abbott|
|Stage Name:||Christopher Abbott|
|Born:||1 February 1986 (age 35 years old)|
|Place of Birth:||Greenwich, Connecticut, United States|
|Parents:||Anna Servidio, Orville Abbott|
|Girlfriend • Wife:||Olivia Cooke|
|Occupation:||Actor • TV Personality|
Christopher Jacob Abbott is a proud son of Orville Abbot (father) and Anna née Servidio Abbott (mother).
He was born on 1 February 1986 in the town of Greenwich, Connecticut, in the United States of America.
He has a sibling named Christiana Abbott, who is his older sister.
His maternal grandparents are Angelo Servidio (grandfather) and Angelina Servidio (grandmother).
Christopher Abbott is of Italian and Portuguese descent. His father originates from the Portuguese and Eastern European, while his mother is from the Italians.
Christopher Abbott lived with a work-class, strongly Italian-American neighborhood situated in Greenwich and subsequently moved to Stamford in his early days.
Christopher Abbott left home in 2006 to New York City to stay closer to school.
Christopher Abbott got a decent education. He studied at Norwalk Community College for a short time before he began learning acting in HB (Herbert Bergh) studio.
Christopher Abbott engages in a career as a professional actor. He debuted as Justin in a play titled Good Boys And True in 2008 while still a student. Then he was cast as a 15-year-old son of Laura in the film titled Mouth To Mouth, in which he got positive critical reviews for his performance.
Christopher Abbott made his much-anticipated TV debut in an episode of the comedy-drama series titled Pill-O-Matrix as Nurse Jackie in 2009. In 2010, he starred as Kyle Wyler in an episode (Lost Children Of The Blood) of the Police-Procedural TV drama Law and Order: Criminal Intent.
The following year, he debuted in his feature film and Broadway. His debut film came in a dramatic thriller titled Martha Marcy May Marlene, as Max. The film was a success and was nominated for the Best Ensemble Cast award at the Gotham Independent Film Awards.
His Broadway debut came in a play titled The House Blue Lives, where he played the character of Ronnie Shaughnessy. Furthermore, he performed in the 2012-drama movie Hello I Must Be Going as Jeremy, which earned him critical acclaim.
After his role in the docile Charlie Dattalo in the HBO comedy-drama series Girls, he became even more famous.
However, he shocked his fans when he abruptly quitted the show after the season 2 finale with reasons bore out of the fact that he was not comfortable with the character’s role on personal grounds.
Nonetheless, in a short video, Christopher Abbott returned as Chris in Roshambo and as Joseph in a short film titled The Exit Room.
In 2014, he played the lead role of Andrew in a Norwegian-American drama film titled The Sleepwalker. He also appeared as Louis Servidio in the film titled A Most Violent Year.
Christopher Abbott‘s career soared after he starred as the titular character in the multiple award-winning drama film James White, written and directed by Josh Mond. His performance in the film earned him several awards and nominations. First was the Emerging Artist Award at The Chicago International Film Festival.
Then, the award for Break Through Performance at the Hamptons International film festival. He got another nomination for the Best Male Lead at the Independent Spirit Awards.
Still, on his career, he started as Elwood in Sweet Virginia, a Canadian-American neo-noir thriller. He appeared as Will in “It Comes At Night” and as Mason Tenneti in TheSinner‘s film and an anthology crime-drama film titled Mystery in 2017.
He also starred as John Yossarian in the dark-comedy miniseries Catch-22, premiered on May 17, 2019.
Christopher Abbott played Colin in a science-fiction thriller film, “Possessor,” and Black Bear as Gabe.
Awards And Nominations
Christopher Abbott has received the following recognitions in his career so far:
- 2011 Gotham Awards Best Ensemble Cast Martha Marcy May Marlene Shared with an ensemble cast (Nominated)
- 2013 SXSW Film Festival Ensemble Cast All That I Am Shared with an ensemble cast (Won)
- 2015 Chicago Film Critics Association Best Actor as James White (Nominated)
- 2015 Chicago International Film Festival Emerging Artist Award (Won)
- 2015 Detroit Film Critics Society Best Actor (Nominated)
- 2015 Gotham Award Best Actor (Nominated)
- 2015 Hamptons International Film Festival Breakthrough Performer (Won)
- 2016 Independent Spirit Awards Best Male Lead (Nominated)
- 2016 International Cinephile Society Awards Best Actor (Nominated)
- 2016 Berkshire Theatre Award Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor – Large Theatre The Rose Tattoo (Nominated)
- 2020 Golden Globe Award Best Actor – Miniseries or Television Film (nominated)
Christopher Abbott is an actor loved by fans. This is evidence of his ever-increasing followers on his social media accounts.
As of the time this article was written, Christopher Abbott had a total number of 2,762 followers on Instagram. He is also active on Twitter and Facebook sites.
Christopher Abbott verified accounts are as follows:
- Instagram: @teamchristopherabbot
- Twitter: @ChrisJohnAbbot
- Facebook: Chris Abbot
Christopher Abbott is quite tall and stands with an average height of 6 feet 0 inches (183 cm) and weight 75 kg (165 Ibs). His chest is measured 42 inches, biceps 14 inches, and waist 33 inches.
He has an athletic body type, Dark brown hair and Dark-brown eyes with neat black beards.
Christopher Abbott is rumored to be in a relationship with fellow actor Olivia Cooke although the pair are yet to confirm this information.
Christopher Abbott picks John Cassavetes to be his role model and envisions to emulate his creative lifestyle.
He has a decent apartment in New York City, where he stays most of the time.
Christopher Abbott prides himself as a renowned actor. He has established himself to the point that he now has a net worth estimated to be $1million. He gets the majority of his earnings through his career as an actor.
Christopher Abbott debuted in a play titled Good Boys And True in 2008 as Justin. His versatility has given him numerous roles in films and television shows.
Christopher Abbott‘s filmography is as follows:
- 2011 Martha Marcy May Marlene as Max
- 2012 Hello I Must Be Going as Jeremy
- 2012 Father/Son as Oliver
- 2012 Art Machine Cap’n Tar
- 2013 Roshambo as Chris
- 2013 All That I Am as Christian
- 2013 The Exit Room as Joseph
- 2014 The Sleepwalker as Andrew
- 2014 A Most Violent Year as Louis Servidio
- 2015 James White as James White
- 2015 The Girlfriend Game as Henry
- 2015 Criminal Activities as Warren
- 2016 Whiskey Tango Foxtrot as Fahim Ahmadzai
- 2016 Katie Says Goodbye as Bruno
- 2017 Sweet Virginia as Elwood
- 2017 It Comes at Night as Will
- 2018 Tyrel as Johnny
- 2018 Piercing Reed
- 2018 First Man as David Scott
- 2018 Vox Lux as The Journalist
- 2019 Full-Dress as Nick/Chris
- 2020 Black Bear as Gabe
- 2020 Possessor as Colin Tate
- 2020 The World to Come as Finney
- 2021 On the Count of Three as Kevin
- 2021 The Forgiven as Tom Day
- 2009 Nurse Jackie as Andy Singer (Episode: “Pill-O-Matix”)
- 2010 Law & Order: Criminal Intent as Kyle Wyler (Episode: “Lost Children of the Blood”)
- 2012–2016 Girls as Charlie Dattolo (13 episodes)
- 2013 Enlightened as Travis (Episode: “Higher Power”)
- 2017 The Sinner as Mason Tannetti (7 episodes)
- 2019 Catch-22 as John Yossarian
- 2008 Good Boys and True as Justin
- 2008 Mouth to Mouth as Phillip
- 2010 That Face as Henry
- 2011 The House of Blue Leaves as Ronnie Shaughnessy
- 2013 Where We’re Born as Tony Rattlestick
- 2014 Fool for Love as Martin Williamstown
- 2015 John as Elias Schreiber-Hoffman
- 2016 The Rose Tattoo as Alvaro Mangiacavallo
NOTICE!! NOTICE!! NOTICE!!
FOLLOW US TODAY!!