Sally Struthers Biography: Age, Children, Parents, Husband, Awards, Movies, Net WorthAugust 19, 2023
Sally Struthers is an American-born actress, activist, and spokeswoman. She is best known for her role as Gloria Stivic in All in the Family. Sally is one of the most accomplished veteran actors in the entertainment industry today.
Her acting career stretches back over a decade, and she has appeared in numerous films, television shows, and stage plays.
The renowned actress has won numerous awards for her exceptional ability to bring characters to life. Sally Struthers, who is she? Here’s a quick rundown of her life.
- Full names – Sally Anne Struthers
- Date of birth – July 28, 1947
- Age – 75 years old
- Place of birth – Portland, Oregon, United States
- Nationality – American
- Gender – Female
- Religion – Christian
- Zodiac sign – Leo
- Parents – Robert Alden Struthers and Margaret Caroline Jernes
- Siblings – Sue Struthers
- Marital status – Divorced
- Sexual orientation – Straight
- Children – Samantha Struders Rader
- Body measurements – 35-24-35 inches
- Weight in kgs – 62 kg
- Weight in lbs – 136 pounds
- Height in feet – 5 feet 1 inch
- Height in cm – 155 cm
- Profession – Actress and activist
- Famous as – Gloria Stivic in All in the Family
Early Life & Education
The actress was born on July 28, 1947, in Portland, Oregon, USA. She was 75 years old in 2022.
Sally was the daughter of Robert Alden Struthers, a surgeon, and Margaret Caroline, a housewife. Sally has one sister named Sue.
Her father, Robert Alden, left the family when she was about ten years old. As a result, Sally and her sister were raised mainly by their mother.
Sally Struthers attended Grant High School after finishing her elementary education. Sally later participated at the Pasadena Playhouse College of Theatre and Arts, where she learned to act.
Sally made her acting debut in 1970, co-starring with Jack Nicholson in Five Easy Pieces. Her most significant break came when she played Gloria Stivic in the 1970s sitcom All in the Family.
She won two Primetime Emmys for her role in the series. She has appeared in several films and television shows since then.
Awards & Nominations
Sally has excelled in every role she has played during her long career in the entertainment industry. As a result, she’s become both a fan favorite and an award-winning entertainer.
Here are some of the honors and nominations she has received throughout her career.
- 1972 Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in Comedy.
- 1979 Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy or Comedy-Variety or Music Series.
- 1974 Emmy-Best Supporting Actress in Comedy (Nominated)
- 1973 Emmy-Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in Comedy (Nominated)
- 2010 Best Featured Actress in a Musical. This was for her role as the Fairy Godmother in the Cabrillo Music Theatre production of Cinderella.
Sally Struthers is currently single. She was first married to an American psychiatrist, William C Rader. Sally and William exchanged wedding vows in a private ceremony on December 18, 1977.
William collaborated on one of the episodes of the TV show All in the Family.
The couple has a daughter, Samantha Rader, who graduated from Vassar College in 2011 with a degree in Cognitive Science. After a six-year marriage, William and Struthers divorced on January 18, 1983, in Los Angeles, California.
Here are some of the movies she has featured in:
- The Getaway (1972)
- Aloha Means Goodbye (1974)
- Hey, I’m Alive (1975)
- The Great Houdini (1976)
- Intimate Strangers (1977)
- My Husband is Missing (1978)
- A Gun in the House (1981)
- A Deadly Silence (1989)
- In the Best Interest of the Children (1992)
- The Others (1997)
- Out of the Black (2001)
- A Month of Sundays (2001)
- Reeseville (2003)
- What I Did for Love (2006)
- Monster Heroes (2010)
- Still Waiting in the Wings (2016)
- You & Me (2017)
- Christmas Harmony (2018)
- The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour (1970)
- The Tim Conway Comedy Hour (1970)
- The Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show (1971–1972)
- Fred Flintstone and Friends (1977–1978)
- Archie Bunker’s Place (1979)
- Gloria (1982–1983)
- The Glo Friends Save Christmas (1985)
- Alice in Wonderland (1985)
- 9 to 5 (1986–1988)
- Murder, She Wrote (1990)
- TaleSpin (1990–1991)
- Dinosaurs (1991–1994)
- Tom & Jerry Kids (1991)
- Droopy, Master Detective (1993–1994)
- The New Adventures of Mother Goose (1995)
- Gilmore Girls (2000–2007)
- General Hospital (2002)
- Still Standing (2003–2006)
- American Dad! (2011)
- Celebrity Ghost Stories (2011)
- Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life (2016)
- Maron (2016)
Sally has appeared in several films and television shows since she began her acting career. There is no doubt that the actress has amassed a fortune as a result of her successful career.
So, how wealthy is she in 2023? Her net worth is estimated to be $6 million. Her primary source of wealth is acting.
She has amassed a sizable fortune from each film and television show she has appeared in.
NOTICE!! NOTICE!! NOTICE!!
FOLLOW US TODAY!!