Crack Cloud Biography: Songs, Net Worth, Age, Members, Instagram, Wikipedia, Full Name
Crack Cloud is a Canadian musical and multimedia collective known for its unique blend of art punk, post-punk, new wave, avant-garde, avant-pop, electropunk, industrial hip-hop, and experimental music.
Led by drummer and frontman Zach Choy, the group incorporates many multimedia elements into their performances, making them more than just a band.
With a focus on visual storytelling, Crack Cloud has gained recognition for its thought-provoking and innovative approach to music.
- Origin: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Genres: Art punk, post-punk, new wave, avant-garde, avant-pop, electropunk, industrial hip hop, experimental
- Years active: 2015-present
- Labels: Crack Cloud Media, Studio Meat Machine, Tin Angel
- Members: Zach Choy, William Choy, Mohammad Sharar, Garnet Aroynk, Bryce Cloghesy, Jesse Atkey, Aleem Khan
- Past members: Jon Varley, Noah Varley, Daniel Robertson
Crack Cloud was formed in 2015 as the solo project of lead vocalist and drummer Zach Choy. Initially based in Calgary, Alberta, the project relocated to Vancouver in 2018, where most members came together through various addiction recovery and mental health programs.
Choy has described Crack Cloud as a “healing mechanism,” using their art to reflect, contextualize, and correct destructive patterns.
The group’s logo is a notable appropriation of the exclamation mark used by Concerned Children’s Advertisers, a series of public service announcements aired on Canadian television during the 1990s and early 2000s.
This choice reflects Crack Cloud’s focus on addressing important topics through music.
Crack Cloud released their first self-titled EP in 2016, followed by another EP called “Anchoring Point” in 2017. These two EPs were later re-released as a self-titled compilation in 2018.
The group gained international recognition through live performances and appearances at music festivals such as Levitation, End of the Road, and Roskilde.
In 2020, Crack Cloud released their debut studio album, “Pain Olympics,” which received critical acclaim. The album featured four singles, including “The Next Fix” and “Ouster Stew.”
Their second studio album, “Tough Baby,” was announced in 2022 and released on September 16th.
- Zach Choy: Lead vocals, drums, synthesizer, film editor, producer, songwriter, percussion
- Mohammad “Mo” Ali Sharar: Rhythm guitar, bass, keyboards, sampler, backing vocals, production, graphic design, film editor
- Will Choy: Lead guitar, backing vocals
- Garnet Aroynk: Rhythm guitar, bass, backing vocals
- Bryce Cloghesy: Saxophone, lead guitar, sampler
- Jesse Atkey: Saxophone, sampler, backing vocals
- Aleem Khan: Keyboards, synthesizers, backing vocals
- Pain Olympics
- Tough Baby
- Crackin Up: Live In London
- Crack Cloud
- Anchoring Point
Crack Cloud has been recognized for its innovative approach to music videos. In 2021, they were awarded the Hi-Fidelity Award at the Prism Prize, an honor given to recording artists who demonstrate consistent creativity and innovation in their music videos.
The collective’s unique visual style and storytelling have earned them a dedicated following and critical acclaim.
The Prism Prize is a prestigious award recognizing outstanding artistry in the Canadian music video production community.
Crack Cloud’s groundbreaking use of video art to represent their work in a consistently creative and innovative way earned them the Hi-Fidelity Award at the 2021 Prism Prize.
NOTICE!! NOTICE!! NOTICE!!
FOLLOW US TODAY!!