Michiel Huisman Biography: Age, Movies & TV Shows, Wife, Net Worth, Music, Parents, Pronunciation, Height, Instagram, Wiki
Michiel Huisman (born 18 July 1981) is a spectacular and remarkable Dutch actor, singer, and songwriter, who has starred in English and Dutch television series and films.
He was a member of the now-disjointed band known as Fontane, where they sang and produced hit songs that were also used as the soundtrack for several films.
He entered the door of fame after his scintillating performance in season 4 of the popular series, Game Of Thrones, in 2014 and season 5, in 2015.
|Wiki Facts & About Data|
|Full Name:||Michiel Huisman|
|Born:||18 July 1981 (age 42 years old)|
|Place of Birth:||Amstelveen, Netherlands|
|Children:||Hazel Judith Huisman|
|Girlfriend • Wife:||Tara Elders (m. 2008)|
|Occupation:||Actor • Musician|
Michiel Huisman is a European born in the city of Amstelveen, in the Netherlands.
He is of Dutch ancestry and was raised Jewish.
He is a brother to Dustin Huisman, who is a former professional footballer.
Michiel Huisman enjoyed playing table tennis during his childhood and still values those moments even though he never got the chance to play on the big stage.
He grew up with his family, whose entire identities are not known, in Amstelveen, Netherlands.
Michiel Huisman obtained his primary and secondary education in a local school in the city of Amstelveen, Netherlands, where he also obtained his high school certificate.
Michiel Huisman is a graduate who completed his tertiary education and college at Amstelveen University.
Michiel Huisman played the critical role of a singer and guitarist in a Dutch band called Fontane. He formed the band together with his Dutch friends Roland Van der Hoofd, Donny Griffioen, Gilles Thunder, and Bas Van.
The band released its first official single in 2001 titled 1+1=2; this was followed by Slapeloos and Neem Me Mee in 2002 and 2003, respectively.
The first single was used as a soundtrack of a film titled Costa!, in 2001 and the second was used as a soundtrack to a movie titled Full Moon Party in 2002.
Furthermore, the band recorded a complete version of the renowned Willeke Alberti‘s song titled Telkens Weer for the soundtrack of a film titled Love to Love in 2013.
Unfortunately, undisclosed circumstances hit the band, and two members left, and subsequently, the whole squad of Fontane split up with Michiel Huisman going solo as a musician.
He released his first single in 2005, which he titled Deel Van Mij, and was followed by the songs Geef Je Over in 2006. In 2005, he released an album which he titled Luctige Verhalen.
Michiel Huisman started his acting career as a supporting actor, playing the role of Rover in a television series titled Goede Tijden, Slechte Tijden, which is the longest soap opera ever on Dutch Television. This was followed by appearances in made-for-tv films such as Uigesloten and Suzy Q.
Then he played supporting roles in the interesting Dutch films, Costa! and Volle Maan. He also played a recurring role in a Dutch police series titled Spangem.
Michiel Huisman played a lead role, his first in a film titled Phileine Says Sorry, an adaptation of Ronald Giphart‘s novel of the same title.
In 2006, Michiel Huisman broke into the international scene with a supporting role in an episode of Dalziel and Pascoe‘s British television series.
Additionally, he starred as Ernest II in a critically acclaimed film titled Young Victoria. He followed this with a role in the BBC made-for-tv drama titled Margot, where he played Rudolf Nureyev. He also played a minor role in the blockbuster film World War Z and played the recurring role of Liam McGinnis in a movie titled Nashville.
Michiel Huisman was used as a replacement for English actor Ed Skrein for the role of Daario Naharis, in the fourth season of Game of Thrones, in 2014. Subsequently, he was promoted to the series regular in season five of the series in 2015. Later that year, Michiel Huisman co-starred in a thriller film titled The Invitation and was followed by a lead role in a fantasy film titled The Age of Adaline.
In 2016, he was cast in the lead role of a war-drama film titled The Ottoman Lieutenant. The film was subsequently released for an Oscar-qualifying run in the winter of December 2016, before it was publicly released in 2017.
Furthermore, he starred in a thriller film titled 2:22, released on 30 June 2017, and later that year, he was cast as Sam, the lead male actor in a romantic movie titled Irreplaceable You.
In 2018, Michiel Huisman starred in a Netflix horror series titled The Haunting of Hill House, based on Shirley Jackson‘s novel of the same title.
And in 2019, he played a lead role as an Israeli agent in a Netflix film titled The Red Sea Diving Resort.
Furthermore, he starred as Stepht in a 2021 film titled Kate. He will also appear in a Christmas film titled A Boy Called Christmas as Joel. The film is built for release anytime soon.
Michiel Huisman may not be of the social media generation but sure knows how to engage with his followers.
His Instagram boasts over 526k members, which unfortunately is the only social site the actor is currently available at.
Stay connected with Michiel Heisman via his verified Instagram account @michielheisman.
Michiel Huisman is a tall and handsome middle-aged man. He is 6 feet 1 inch tall (185 cm, 1.85 m) and weighs approximately 72 kg (158 Ibs).
He has an average body type, and a broad chest measured 45 inches, biceps 15.5 inches, and waist 34 inches. His hair is light brown, whereas his full-grown beard is black and his eyes light blue.
Research about his relationship life proved that Michiel Huisman is happily married to Tera Elders, who is a professional Dutch actress. Their union is blessed with a girl-child named Hazel Judith Huisman, who was born in 2007. The family formerly resided in New Orleans, Louisiana, but now lives in New York City.
When Michiel Huisman is not engaged in his acting profession, he loves to travel and shop with his family.
Michiel Huisman is a local and international actor who has managed to accumulate an impressive estimated net worth of $5 million through his hard work and dedication.
His primary source of income comes from films, whereas his secondary earnings are through television appearances, brands sponsorship, ads, and others.
Michiel Huisman has an array of exciting songs. He started off in a band known as Fontane before going solo after the band members reportedly left the group.
Here is a comprehensive discography of Michiel Huisman:
Singles with Fontane
- “1+1=2” (2001)
- “Slapeloos” (2002)
- “Neem Me Mee” (2003)
- “Deel Van Mij” (2005)
- “Geef Je Over” (2006)
- Solo albums
- Luchtige Verhalen (2005)
Michiel Huisman‘s filmography contains films he’s acted on both locally and internationally. His vast experience on numerous sets makes him an engaging personality to watch.
Below is a comprehensive summary of Michiel Huisman‘s filmography:
- 2001 Costa! as Bart
- 2002 Exit as Renate’s friend
- 2002 Full Moon Party as Bobbie
- 2003 Phileine Says Sorry as Max
- 2004 Floris as Floris
- 2005 Johan as Johan Dros
- 2006 Black Book as Rob
- 2007 Funny Dewdrop as Orpheus
- 2009 Unmade Beds as X-Ray Man
- 2009 The Young Victoria as Prince Ernest
- 2009 Winterland as Francis Young
- 2010 First Mission as Wout
- 2013 World War Z as Ellis
- 2013 The Woman in the Dress as Tom
- 2014 Wild as Jonathan
- 2015 The Invitation as David
- 2015 The Age of Adaline as Ellis Jones
- 2017 The Ottoman as Lieutenant İsmail Veli
- 2017 2:22 as Dylan Branson
- 2017 Indian Horse as Father Gaston
- 2018 Irreplaceable You as Sam
- 2018 The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society as Dawsey Adams
- 2018 State Like Sleep as Stefan Delvoe
- 2019 The Red Sea Diving Resort (also known as Operation Brothers) as Jacob “Jake” Wolf
- 2019 The Other Lamb as Shepherd
- 2019 The Last Right as Daniel Murphy
- 2021 Kate as Stephen
- 2021 A Boy Called Christmas as Joel
- 1995 Voor hete vuren (Episode: “Prettige feestdagen”)
- 1998 Goede tijden, slechte tijden as Rover
- 1998 Kees & Co as Errand Boy (Episode: “Sonja’s trouwdag”)
- 1999 Suzy Q as Palmer
- 1999–2002 Spangen as Pelle (4 episodes)
- 2001 Dok 12 as Frederik van Kemenade (Episode: “Geen lijk, geen dader”)
- 2001 Costa! as Bart (10 episodes)
- 2001 Uitgesloten as Coen
- 2005 Meiden van De Wit as Boudewijn Peuts (9 episodes)
- 2006 Dalziel and Pascoe as Back-packer (Episode: “Wrong Place, Wrong Time: Part 1”)
- 2006 ‘t Schaep met de 5 pooten as Freddy (Episode: “Het zal je kind maar wezen”)
- 2007–2010 De co-assistent as Hugo Biesterveld (41 episodes)
- 2009 Margot as Rudolph Nureyev
- 2010 Bloedverwanten as Martijn Zwager (12 episodes)
- 2010–2013 Treme as Sonny (35 episodes)
- 2012–2014 Nashville as LiamMcGinniss (13 episodes)
- 2013 The Sixth Gunb as Drake Sinclair
- 2014–2015 Orphan Black as Cal Morrison ( 6 episodes)
- 2014–2016 Game of Thrones as Daario Naharis (Season 4; 5 episodes; Season 5–6; 13 episodes)
- 2016 Harley and the Davidsons as Walter Davidson (3 episodes)
- 2018 The Haunting of Hill House as Steven Crain
- 2020 The Flight Attendant as Alex Sokolov
NOTICE!! NOTICE!! NOTICE!!
FOLLOW US TODAY!!