Michelle Yeoh Biography: Movies, Age, Husband, Net Worth, Nationality, Children, IMDb, Parents, SeriesJuly 21, 2023
Michelle Yeoh Choo Kheng PSM (born August 6, 1962) is a brilliant Malaysian actress, producer, and former model. Her performances in Yes, Madam! (1985), Police Story 3: Supercop (1992), and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000) have etched her name into cinematic history.
Beyond the action, Michelle Yeoh‘s versatility captivates in films like Tomorrow Never Dies (1997), Memoirs of a Geisha (2005), and the groundbreaking Crazy Rich Asians (2018), a film that earned her an Academy Award nomination.
Michelle Yeoh‘s shining talent has earned her a treasure trove of awards, including the BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role, the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy, and the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role.
|Wiki Facts & About Data|
|Full Name:||Michelle Yeoh Choo Kheng|
|Stage Name:||Michelle Yeoh|
|Born:||6 August 1962 (age 61 years old)|
|Place of Birth:||Ipoh, Malaysia|
|Education:||Royal Academy of Dance|
|Parents:||Yeoh Kian Teik, Janet Yeoh|
|Siblings:||ert Yeoh, Lam Hoe Yeoh|
|Spouse:||Dickson Poon (m. 1988–1991)|
|Boyfriend • Partner:||Jean Todt (2004–)|
|Occupation:||Actress • TV Personality|
|Net Worth:||$40 million|
Early Life & Education
Michelle Yeoh was born on August 6, 1962, in the captivating city of Ipoh, Malaysia. Embraced by a loving family, she was nurtured by her stay-at-home mother, Janet Yeoh, and her enterprising businessman father, Yeoh Kian Teik, alongside her two cherished siblings, Robert Yeoh and Lam Hoe Yeoh.
Michelle Yeoh‘s heritage was rich in Chinese ancestry, and she effortlessly spoke English, Malay, and Cantonese, a linguistic dance that painted the vibrant canvas of her upbringing.
The ethereal world of ballet beckoned Michelle Yeoh from a tender age, leading her to study at the prestigious Royal Academy of Dance in London. Though fate had other plans, she remained resilient, venturing to The Hammond School in Chester at 15 to continue her ballet training.
In 1983, Michelle Yeoh‘s journey to fame began as she won the Miss Malaysia pageant and represented her nation at the esteemed Miss World pageant. Though she didn’t secure the title, her captivating presence caught the attention of film producers, leading her to roles in Hong Kong action films like Yes, Madam (1985), Police Story 3: Supercop (1992), and the timeless Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000).
Michelle Yeoh‘s versatility shone through in various films, including Memoirs of a Geisha (2005), The Lady (2011), Crimson Peak (2015), and the groundbreaking Crazy Rich Asians (2018). Known for her action skills, beauty, and intelligence, she emerged as a respected advocate for human rights and social justice.
In 2021, Michelle Yeoh‘s star reached new heights when she was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role in Crazy Rich Asians, becoming the first Malaysian actress to receive such an honour.
Her illustrious career spans over 100 films, spanning action, comedy, drama, and fantasy. Michelle Yeoh‘s grace and talent shine brightly from her ballet beginnings to her action stardom, making her a true inspiration in the film industry and beyond.
Awards & Nominations
- Academy Award for Best Actress (2023)
- Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy (2023)
- Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role (2023)
- Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture (2023)
- Satellite Award for Best Actress in Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical (2023)
- Saturn Award for Best Actress (2022)
- Asian Film Award for Best Actress (2001)
- Hong Kong Film Award for Best Actress (1993)
- Hundred Flowers Award for Best Actress (1993)
- Golden Horse Award for Best Actress (1992)
- Singapore Film Festival Best Actress Award (1993)
- Facebook: Michelle Yeoh 楊紫瓊
- Instagram: @michelleyeoh_official
- Twitter: @michelleyeoh
- TikTok: @michelleyeoh
- YouTube: Michelle Yeoh
Michelle Yeoh was married to Hong Kong businessman Dickson Poon from 1988 to 1992. They had no children.
Michelle Yeoh has been in a relationship with Jean Todt, the former Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA) president, since 2004. They have no children together. She has no child of her own.
- Yes, Madam! (1985)
- Royal Warriors (1986)
- Magnificent Warriors (1987)
- Project A Part II (1987)
- Police Story 3: Super Cop (1992)
- The Heroic Trio (1993)
- Tai Chi Master (1993)
- Wing Chun (1994)
- Tomorrow Never Dies (1997)
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000)
- Memoirs of a Geisha (2005)
- Sunshine (2007)
- The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (2008)
- Reign of Assassins (2010)
- Kung Fu Panda 2 (2011)
- The Lady (2011)
- Star Trek: Beyond (2016)
- Crazy Rich Asians (2018)
- Last Christmas (2019)
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021)
- Everything Everywhere All at Once (2022)
- Tomorrow’s War (1982)
- The Master (1984)
- The Legend of the Condor Heroes (1983)
- Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils (1989)
- The Return of the Condor Heroes (1995)
- Star Trek: Discovery (2017-2020)
- The Witcher: Blood Origin (2022)
- Avatar 3
- Wicked Part 1
- A Haunting in Venice
- Avatar 5
- Avatar 4
- The Electric State
- The Tiger’s Apprentice
Michelle Yeoh is a Malaysian actress who has a net worth of $40 million. She is best known for her roles in action films such as Yes, Madam (1985), Police Story 3: Super Cop (1992), and The Heroic Trio (1993).
Michelle Yeoh has also appeared in a number of Hollywood films, including Tomorrow Never Dies (1997), Memoirs of a Geisha (2005), and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017).
NOTICE!! NOTICE!! NOTICE!!
FOLLOW US TODAY!!