Ali Nuhu Bio: Age, Wife, Net Worth, Family, Father, House, Religion, Cars, Video, Pictures, Wikipedia
Ali Nuhu Mohammed (born 15 March 1974) is a talented and vastly experienced Nigerian actor, film director, producer, scriptwriter, and Choreographer.
He is one of the very few actors in Nigeria that act perfectly well in Kannywood (Hausa films) and Nollywood films.
The award-winning actor is also referred to as Sarki or King of Kannywood, primarily by Hausa movie-lovers.
Ali Nuhu lives with a record of being the first Nigerian to act in Northern Kannywood and Southern Nollywood He is credited for creating harmony between the two industries.
He has appeared in more than 500 films throughout his career and received several commendations and recognition.
|Wiki Facts & About Data|
|Full Name:||Ali Nuhu Mohammed|
|Stage Name:||Ali Nuhu|
|Born:||15 March 1974 (age 48 years old)|
|Place of Birth:||Maiduguri|
|State Of Origin:||Gombe State|
|Parents:||Hajia Fatima Karderam Digema, Nuhu Poloma|
|Children:||Fatima Nuhu, Nawahir Nuhu, Ahmad Nuhu|
|Siblings:||Amina Digema, Ibrahim B. Nuhu|
|Girlfriend • Wife:||Maimuna Garba Ja Abdulkadir (m. 2003)|
|Occupation:||Actor • Filmmaker|
|Net Worth:||$1 million|
Ali Nuhu, with the full original birth name Ali Nuhu Mohammed, was born on 15 March 1974 in Maiduguri, the capital city of Borno state North-eastern Nigeria.
His father’s name is Nuhu Poloma, who hails from a small town called Balanga in the heart of Damaturu in Gombe state. He was a politician and the former chairman of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) Gombe state chapter.
The veteran later passed on in June 2020 at the age of 78.
On the other hand, his mother, Fatima Karderam Digema, hails from the Bama local government area of Borno state. She was a headmistress and a school teacher during her days. Unfortunately, She died in 1999 after a brief illness.
He has two siblings, a sister named Amina Digema and a younger brother Ibrahim B. Nuhu, who died on June 11, 2013, after battling complications caused by tuberculosis infection in Jos, Plateau state.
Few years after his birth, his family moved to Jos, the plateau state capital, where he grew up partly before finally settling in the ancient city of Kano in Kano State, Northwest Nigeria.
Ali Nuhu did his primary school education in Riga Special Primary School between 1979 and 1985.
He obtained the mandatory West Africa Examination Council (WAEC) certificate and the Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) at the Government Secondary Commercial School, Kano from 1986 to 1988.
He proceeded with his tertiary education at the University of Jos located in Plateau state Nigeria where he graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Geography from 1992 to 1997.
Furthermore, he continued his learning through Nigeria’s mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), where he served in Ibadan, Oyo State, Southwestern Nigeria, in 1998.
A few years later, he decided to learn the arts of film making and production, which was why he attended the prestigious University of Southern California for a course in Film Production and Cinematic Arts.
Ali Nuhu also attended a film training program at the Asian School of Media studies in New Delhi, India.
He also has an honorary doctorate from ISM Adonai American University, located in the Benin Republic, in 2018.
Ali Nuhu got his first appearance on screen when he acted in the 1999 Hausa film, Abin Sirri Ne. He became well known when he starred in another film, Sangaya which turned out to be one of the highest Hausa-grossing films during that period.
Ali Nuhu also appeared in several films such as Azel, Jarumin, Maza, and his best came in the film, Satinda, which partly contributed to him being awarded the Best Actor in a supporting role at the African Movie Awards (AFRIMA) in 2007.
By 2019, Ali Nuhu had already spent two complete decades in the entertainment industry with over 500 movie appearances.
Ali Nuhu‘s hard work and consistency have seen him being rewarded by cooperating organizations and companies with ambassadorial roles, including Omo (detergent company), telecommunication giant Globacom, and Samsung mobile phones Indomie noodles, and so on.
Awards and Nominations
Ali Nuhu‘s contributions to the development of the Nigerian entertainment industry have inspired organizations to present him with various awards.
He is one of the most decorated actors in Nigeria and the most awarded in northern Nigeria. Below are some of his numerous awards and recognition.
- 2005 Arewa Films Award Best Actor (Won)
- 2007 3rd Africa Movie Academy Awards Best Upcoming Actor award (Won)
- 2008 The Future Award Best Actor (Won)
- 2011 Zulu African Film Academy Awards Best Actor (Indigenous) (Won)
- 2012 Best of Nollywood Awards Best Actor (Hausa) (Won)
- 2013 9th Africa Movie Academy Awards Best Supporting Actor (Nominated)
- 2013 Nigeria Entertainment Awards Best Actor (Won)
- 2013 Best of Nollywood Awards Best Actor (Hausa) (Won)
- 2013 City People Entertainment Awards Kannywood Face (Won)
- 2014 Kannywood Awards Best Actor (Won)
- 2014 Leadership Awards Best Artiste (Won)
- 2014 City People Entertainment Awards Best Actor (Won)
- 2014 City People Entertainment Awards Kannywood Face (Won)
- 2014 Arewa Music and Movie Awards Pride of Kannywood (Won)
- 2014 Arewa Music and Movie Awards Best Actor (Popular) (Won)
- 2015 19th African Film Awards Most Outstanding Actor (Won)
- 2015 Best of Nollywood Awards Best Actor (Won)
- 2015 Kannywood Awards Best Actor (Won)
- 2015 City People Entertainment Awards Kannywood Personality (Won)
- 2016 Best of Nollywood Awards Best Actor (Hausa) (Won)
- 2016 Arewa Music and Movie Awards Best Actor (Won)
- 2016 Kannywood Awards Best Actor (Nominated)
- 2016 City People Entertainment Awards Kannywood Face (Nominated)
- 2016 Arewa Creative Industry Awards Entertainment Award (Won)
- 2016 Wazobia FM’s COWA Awards Excellent Entertainer (Won)
- 2017 Northern Nigeria Peace Awards Best Actor (Won)
- 2017 City People Entertainment Awards Kannywood Face (Won)
- 2017 City People Entertainment Awards Best Actor (Nominated)
- 2017 Best of Nollywood Awards Special Recognition Award (Pending)
- 2021 northern filmmakers
Ali Nuhu is a famous actor, especially in northern Nigeria, and is regarded as one of the most prominent entertainers in Nigeria.
His love and compassion for people is another reason why he is massively followed on social media.
Below is Ali’s official handles;
- Instagram: @realalinuhu
- Twitter: @alinuhu
- Facebook: actoralinuhu
Ali Nuhu is happily married to a beautiful Hausa lady named Maimuna Garba Ja Abdulkadir. The matrimony took place in 2003, and they’ve been together for over eighteen years now.
The union is blessed with three exceptional children comprising two daughters Fatima Nuhu, Nawahir Nuhu, and a son named Ahmad Nuhu. The youngest of which is Nawahir Nuhu, a four-year-old girl.
Ali Nuhu is a prominent and influential actor in Nigeria. He also has different films produced, scripted, and directed by him. Sources estimated his net worth to be $1 million, which is predicted to rise because of his consistency in the industry so far.
He is also the owner of landed properties in Jos and Kano States, respectively, including beautiful cars and well-furnished apartments for his family.
Ali Nuhu acts in Northern films known as Kannywood and Southern Nollywood. He is good at his job, so the movies he stars in are always the bestsellers in the market.
Below is a comprehensive selected filmography of the great Ali Nuhu;
- 2007 Sitanda
- 2012 Carbin Kwai
- 2012 Madubin Dubawa
- 2013 Wani Hanin
- 2014 Matan Gida
- 2015 Jinin Jikina
- 2016 Nasibi
- 2016 Mansoor
- 2021 One Lagos Night
- 2019: The Millions
- 2018 Merry Men: The Real Yoruba Demons
- 2017 Banana Island Ghost
- 2016 Ojukokoro: Greed
- 2016 The Wedding Ring
- 2015 Confusion Na Wa
- 2013 I Voted Now Wetin
- 2012 Last Flight to Abuja
- 2011 Memories of My Heart
He is also a director. He has directed the following movies:
- 2017 Mansoor
- 2015 Gamu Nan Dai
- 2015 ‘Yar Tasha
- 2015 Halacci
- 2014 Jinin Jiki Na
- 2013 Ni Da Ke Mun Dace
- 2012 Kudi A Duhu
- 2012 Madubin Dubawa
- 2012 Bazan Barki Ba
- 2011 Farraqu
- 2011 Adamsy
- 2011 Ankwa
- 2007 Bana Bakwai
NOTICE!! NOTICE!! NOTICE!!
FOLLOW US TODAY!!