Famke Janssen Biography: Age, Movies, Net Worth, Instagram, Wikipedia, Height, Husband, Plastic Surgery
Famke Beumer Janssen (born 5 November 1964) is a proficient Dutch actress and former fashion model.
She is spotlighted for her unique role as Jean Grey / Phoenix in the X-Men film series (from 2000 to 2014), as Ava Moore on Nip/Tuck, and Lenore Mills in Taken (from 2008 to 2014).
Another remarkable achievement by the Dutch includes an appointment as Goodwill Ambassador for Integrity by the United Nations in 2008.
Famke Janssen is also praised for her role in a Netflix original series titled Hemlock Grove and for her role in an ABC Production titled How to Get Away with Murder.
Famke Janssen also starred in the 2017 NBC crime thriller titled The Blacklist: Redemption.
|Wiki Facts & About Data|
|Full Name:||Famke Beumer Janssen|
|Stage Name:||Famke Janssen|
|Born:||5 November 1964 (age 58)|
|Place of Birth:||Amstelveen, Netherlands|
|Siblings:||Marjolein Beumer, Antoinette Beumer|
|Boyfriend • Husband:||Kip Williams (ex.), Tod Williams (m. 1995–2000)|
|Occupation:||Actress • Model|
Famke Beumer Janssen is of Dutch origin, born 5 November 1964 in Amstelveen, the Netherlands.
She is a sister to the famous film director Antoinette Beumer and actress Marjolein Beumer.
However, both of them changed their surnames to Beumer after their parents divorced.
In addition to her native Dutch, Famke Janssen speaks English and French fluently. She also learned German but is not quite fluent in the language.
Famke Janssen did her primary and high school education in a local school in her hometown in Amstelveen, Netherlands.
After high school graduation, she studied economics for a year at the University of Amsterdam, in what she described as “the stupidest idea I ever had”; thus, she dropped out.
However, in the early 1990s, she enrolled at the prestigious Columbia University‘s School of General Studies, studying creative writing and literature.
Famke Janssen began her journey to greatness in 1984, when she moved to the United States for a professional career as a fashion model. She signed with Elite Model Management and worked together with Giorgio Armani, Yves Saint Laurent, Victoria’s Secret, and Chanel. She also appeared in a 1988 commercial to promote the perfume Exclamation by Coty, Inc. Her beauty has been compared to several 1940s movie stars such as Hedy Lamarr.
After retirement from modeling in the early 1990s, Famke Janssen had guest roles on television series, including a performance in the 1992 Star Trek: The Next Generation (episode “The Perfect Mate”), as Kamala, alongside Patrick Stewart, with whom she later acted in the X-Men film series. That same year, Famke Janssen was offered the role of Jadzia Dax in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine but rejected the offer to pursue film roles. Instead, she got her first film role starring alongside Jeff Goldblum in a 1992 crime drama film titled Fathers & Sons.
In 1995, Famke Janssen starred in Pierce Brosnan‘s first James Bond film, titled Golden Eye, as femme fatale Xenia Onatopp. She also appeared in Lord of Illusions opposite Scott Bakula, and in the late 1990s, she was cast in The Faculty, Rounders, House on Haunted Hill, and Deep Rising.
In 2000, Famke Janssen portrayed superhero, Dr Jean Grey, in a Marvel Studios film titled X-Men and later reprised the role in the 2003 sequel, titled X2, where her character exhibited signs of increasing powers, however at the end of the film, she is presumably killed.
Furthermore, Famke Janssen returned as Jean, whose death in X2 resurrected her dark alternate personality, titled Phoenix in X-Men: The Last Stand in 2006. For her performance, she won a Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress.
Again, she returned as Jean in a 2013 film titled The Wolverine, playing as a hallucination of Wolverine. And in 2014, Famke Janssen reprised her role as Jean Grey in a cameo for X-Men: Days of Future Past.
In 2007, she appeared in Turn, the River, for which she was awarded the Special Recognition Best Actress Award at the prestigious Hamptons International Film Festival.
The following year, Famke Janssen starred in Luc Besson‘s Taken. She continued to work in television, starring in NBC’s police drama titled Winters and Showtime’s The Farm, which is a spinoff of The L Word set in a women’s prison.
However, both pilots were rejected by their networks. Additionally, Luc Besson provided the Dutch language narration for the Studio Tram Tour at all Disney theme parks.
Back in 2011, Famke Janssen made her directorial debut with a drama titled Bringing Up Bobby. In addition, she wrote the screenplay for the film, starring Milla Jovovich, Bill Pullman, and Marcia Cross.
Furthermore, she reprised her role as Lenore Mills in Taken 2 in 2012 and Taken 3 in 2014. She also played the main villain named Muriel in a film titled Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters in 2013.
Famke Janssen has appeared in a Netflix original horror thriller television series titled Hemlock Grove in 2013, wherein she played the role of Olivia Godfrey.
She had a recurring role in an ABC crime thriller television series titled How To Get Away With Murder, starring in 9 episodes throughout the series, starting her role in season two of the show and concluding it in the series finale.
Famke Janssen was cast in a starring role in an NBC crime thriller, The Blacklist: Redemption, a spin-off of the NBC series titled The Blacklist, in March 2016 (it was picked up to series in May 2016). And In 2019, she served as a juror for the famous Tribeca Film Festival.
Also, in 2019, Famke Janssen appeared alongside Jeffrey Dean Morgan in The Postcard Killings, released in 2020. In 2021, Famke Janssen will feature in a Christian romantic drama film titled Love, together with an upcoming action-thriller titled Dangerous.
Famke Janssen has gathered numerous fans throughout her blistering career, most of which follow her on her social media platforms.
For example, she has over 3 million followers and her Facebook page, whereas her Instagram is followed by 26.4k followers and her Twitter over 7.3k followers.
Famke Janssen’s verified social media accounts are as follows:
- Instagram: @famke_janssen05
- Twitter: @FamkeFatale
- Facebook: Famke Janssen
Although she is middle-aged, Famke Janssen still maintains her good looks. She has a moderate height of 5 ft 11 inches (1.82 m) and weighs approximately 62 kg (137 lbs). She has a slim body type and figures measurement of 36-25-35 inches.
A breakdown of her body measurement is breast/bra size 34B, waist 25 inches, and hips 35 inches. Her dress size is 4 (US). She has curly dark brown hair and eyes hazel.
In 1995, Famke Janssen married a handsome writer and director named Kip Williams, who is the son of skillful architect Tod Williams. However, the pair divorced in 2000. Part of the reason for their divorce, according to her, is that she does not want to have children.
On 28 January 2008, Famke Janssen was appointed a Goodwill Ambassador for Integrity for the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime at a United Nations anti-corruption conference held in Nusa Dua, Bali, that same year.
In 2016, Famke Janssen showed unprofessionalized frustration for not being cast in the new X-Men movie X-Men: Apocalypse, accusing Hollywood of being sexist toward older women. In her words, “Women, it’s interesting because they’re replaced, and the older versions are never to be seen again… whereas the men are allowed to be both ages.”
Famke Janssen is one of the highest-paid actresses in America; this is major because of her influence and popularity, making her one of the richest and most influential.
The former model, Famke Janssen is believed to have acquired an estimated net worth of $15 million. She earns most of her income from her career as an actress, film director, and model.
Famke Janssen is s veteran in the American movie industry. She has starred in numerous films and television series.
Some of her biggest came in the X-Men movies and other blockbuster films, which we have highlighted below.
- 1992 Fathers & Sons as Kyle Christian
- 1994 Relentless IV: Ashes to Ashes as Dr Sara Lee Jaffee
- 1995 Lord of Illusions as Dorothea Swann
- 1995 GoldenEye ascXenia Onatopp
- 1996 Dead Girl as Treasure
- 1997 City of Industry as Rachel Montana
- 1998 Monument Ave. as Katy O’Connor
- 1998 The Gingerbread Man as Leeanne Magruder
- 1998 Deep Rising
- 1998 RPM as Claudia Haggs
- 1998 Rounders as Petra
- 1998 Celebrity as Bonnie
- 1998 The Adventures of Sebastian Cole as Fiona
- 1998 The Faculty as Miss Elizabeth Burke
- 1999 House on Haunted Hill as Evelyn Stockard-Price
- 2000 Love & Sex as Kate Welles
- 2000 Circus as Lily Garfield
- 2000 X-Men as Jean Grey
- 2001 Made as Jessica
- 2001 Don’t Say a Word as Agatha “Aggie” Conrad
- 2002 I Spy as Rachel Wright
- 2003 X2 as Jean Grey
- 2004 Eulogy as Judy Arnolds
- 2005 Hide and Seek as Dr. Katherine Carson
- 2006 X-Men: The Last Stand as Jean Grey / Phoenix
- 2006 The Treatment as Allegra Marshall
- 2007 The Ten as Gretchen Reigert
- 2007 Turn the River as Kailey Sullivan
- 2008 The Wackness as Kristen Squires
- 2008 Taken as Lenore “Lenny” Mills
- 2008 100 Feet as Marnie Watson
- 2010 The Chameleon as Jennifer Johnson
- 2011 Down the Shore as Mary Reed
- 2012 Taken 2 as Lenore “Lenny” Mills
- 2013 Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters as Muriel
- 2013 The Wolverine as Jean Grey
- 2013 The Being Experience
- 2014 A Fighting Man as Diane Schuler
- 2014 Unity as Narrator’s voice (Documentary)
- 2014 X-Men: Days of Future Past as Jean Grey
- 2014 Taken 3 as Lenore “Lenny” Mills
- 2015 Jack of the Red Hearts as Kay
- 2017 The Show as Ilana Katz
- 2017 All I Wish as Vanessa
- 2017 Once Upon a Time in Venice as Katey Ford
- 2018 Status Update as Katherine Alden
- 2018 Bayou Caviar as Nic (Originally titled Louisiana Caviar)
- 2018 Asher as Sophie
- 2019 The Poison Rose as Jayne Hunt
- 2019 Primal as Dr. Ellen Taylor
- 2020 The Postcard Killings as Valerie Kanon
- 2020 Endless as Lee Douglas
- 2021 The Vault as Margaret (Originally titled Way Down)
- TBA Redeeming Love as Duchess
- TBA Door Mouse as Mama
- 1992 Star Trek: The Next Generation as Kamala (Episode: “The Perfect Mate”)
- 1994 Melrose Place as Diane Adamson (Episode: “Michael’s Game”)
- 1994 Model by Day as Lex / Lady X
- 1994 The Untouchables as Cleo (Episode: “Voyeur”)
- 2000–2001 Ally McBeal as Jamie (Episodes: “The Man with the Bag”, “The Ex-Files”)
- 2004–2010 Nip/Tuck as Ava Moore (Recurring role, 11 episodes)
- 2007 Winters as Christie Winters
- 2008 Puppy Love as Maya
- 2009 The Farm as Valentina Galindo
- 2013–2015 Hemlock Grove as Olivia Godfrey
- 2015–2020 How to Get Away with Murder as Eve Rothlow (Recurring role, 9 episodes)
- 2015 SuperMansion as Frau Mantis (Voice role; 2 episodes)
- 2016 Robot Chicken as Jean Grey (Voice role; episode: “Joel Hurwitz”)
- 2016–2018 The Blacklist as Susan Hargrave (5 episodes)
- 2017 The Blacklist: Redemption as Susan Hargrave
- 2019 When They See Us as Nancy Ryan (Miniseries; 2 episodes)
- 2019 The Capture as Jessica Mallory (Episode: “Correction”)
- TBA Long Slow Exhale as Melinda Barrington.
NOTICE!! NOTICE!! NOTICE!!
FOLLOW US TODAY!!