Where Is Chidinma? Biography, Husband, Age, Wedding, Net Worth, Gospel Songs, Boyfriend, Albums, Wikipedia, Record Label
Chidinma Ekile (born 2 May 1991), performing globally as Chidinma, is a talented Nigerian gospel singer, actress, and songwriter. In 2010, she rose to stardom after winning the third season of Project Fame West Africa.
Following the music video’s release for her “Emi Ni Baller” single, she became the first female musician to peak at number 1 on the MTV Base Official Naija Top 10 chart.
In 2011, she released the Sound Sultan-assisted single “Jankoliko“. Her eponymous debut album Chidinma was released through the music platform Spinlet; it was supported by the singles “Jankoliko“, “Carry You Go“, “Kedike,” and “Run Dia Mouth“. The album features Sound Sultan, Tha Suspect, Olamide, and Muna guest appearances.
Chidinma won Best Female West African Act at the 2012 Kora Awards and performed “Kedike” at the ceremony. She is recently signed with Eezee Concept, releasing her song, Jehovah Overdo.
|Wiki Facts & About Data|
|Full Name:||Chidinma Ekile|
|Born:||2 May 1991 (age 31 years old)|
|Place of Birth:||Ketu, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria|
|State Of Origin:||Imo State|
|Parents:||Martha Ekile, Hillary Ekile|
|Siblings:||Chidinma and Chidiebere Aneke|
|Husband • Spouse:||Flavour (rum.)|
|Boyfriend • Partner:||Wizkid (rum.)|
|Occupation:||Singer • Songwriter • Actress|
|Net Worth:||US$2.8 million|
Chidinma Ekile popularly known as Chidinma, is a Nigerian singer, songwriter, and actress. On May 2, 1991, she was born in Ketu, Kosofe, Lagos State. She hails from Imo state. She is the sixth out of seven children.
She was born to Igbo-tribe parents, namely Martha Ekile (mother) and, Hillary Ekile (father). She has a two sisters whose names are Chidinma and Chidiebere Aneke also known as the Aneke Twins.
Chidinma grew up with a disciplinarian father and began singing at the age of six. When she was 10 years old, she joined her church’s choir.
Chidinma initially declined her admission to the University of Lagos due to her advancement in Project Fame West Africa. In an interview with YNaija, she said she has always taken school seriously, and her decision to enroll at Unilag was inevitable. She also said music wasn’t always on her agenda but decided to try after winning the music competition.
Chidinma attended primary and secondary school in Ketu before relocating to Ikorodu. She obtained a bachelor’s degree in Sociology from the University of Lagos, although she wanted to study Mass Communication.
Before auditioning for the third edition of Project Fame West Africa, she dreamt of being part of the reality television show. With the help and support from her close-knit friend, Chidinma left her home in Ikorodu and went to Ultima Studios. She was among the eight thousand contestants that year to showcase their talents.
Subsequently, Chidinma joined 17 other contestants in the Fame Academy round. For 10 weeks, musical professionals coached her and the other contestants: voice coaches, inspirational speakers, established musicians, and music business service providers.
Moreover, contestants were taught choreography and several rehearsal drills. Chidinma was announced as the competition’s winner on 26 September 2010. She won several prizes, including ₦2.5 million, a 2011 Toyota RAV4, and a production deal. In May 2013, Chidinma signed an endorsement deal with MTN Nigeria.
True to her words, Chidinma transitioned into the Gospel Music Industry after signing Eezee Conceptz, a whole gospel producing agency.
Chidinma started working on her eponymous debut studio album Chidinma after releasing a collaborative project with another season 3 finalist. The album was scheduled for release in the fourth quarter of 2011. She spoke about the album briefly and said she put a lot of energy into it.
She worked with many producers, including Cobhams Asuquo, Tee-Y Mix, WazBeat, and Oscar Heman Ackah. She released the Sound Sultan-assisted single “Jankoliko” and “Carry You Go” on 22 February 2011. Both songs were written and produced by Oscar Heman Ackah.
In an interview posted on the Weekly Trust website, Chidinma said she was pleased with the positive response after the songs were released and are working hard to improve her craft. On 4 June 2011, Chidinma released the Clarence Peters-directed music video for “Jankoliko“. On 11 October 2011, she released “Kedike” as the album’s third single.
The song translates to “Heartbeat” and was produced by Cobhams Asuquo. In an interview with Entertainment Rave, Chidinma revealed she and her producers invented the song’s name and further said it depicts love.
The Clarance Peters-directed music video for “Kedike” was released on 24 January 2012. Nigerian singer Dammy Krane played Chidinma‘s love interest in the video. On 11 October 2011, she released the album’s fourth single, “Run Dia Mouth.”
On 14 September 2012, she released the Illbliss and Tha Suspect-assisted single “Emi Ni Baller“. The song was produced by Legendury Beatz. Yes, Academy peaked at number 7 on Vanguard’s list of the Top 10 songs made in 2013. The official remix for “Emi Ni Baller” was released on 22 February 2013. It featured vocals by Wizkid and was also produced by Legendury Beatz. Capital Dreams Pictures released the music video for “Emi Ni Baller” on 12 June 2013.
It was shot and directed in the U.K by Clarence Peters. On 10 June 2013, Chidinma released three singles: “Bless My Hustle“, “Kite,” and “Jolly“, all of which were produced by Tha Suspect, Del B, and Wizzboy, respectively.
On 14 September 2013, Chidinma released “Oh Baby“. Its remix was released on 29 January 2014 and features Flavour N’abania. Both songs were produced by Young D. On 2 May 2014, she released the music video for “Oh Baby (You & I)”. It was directed by Clarence Peters and stars Ngozi Nwosu and OC Ukeje.
One of Chidinma‘s most recent hits is “Fallen In Love,” released in 2017. Its video currently has over 77 million views on YouTube.
Chidinma started her acting career by featuring in a 2017 movie, The Bridge (2017 movie), directed by Kunle Afolayan.
Gospel Music Career
After a very long absence from the music scene, Chidinma Ekile reappeared again in May 2021, but this time to celebrate her 30th birthday, sharing photos of herself on Instagram.
She regrets spending over 9 years doing secular music, noting that her sudden switch to gospel music was fueled by a new encounter with God and her understanding of her Christian faith.
To announce her arrival into the Nigerian gospel music scene, Chidinma released her debut gospel single titled ‘Jehovah Over Do‘ on Sunday, May 2, 2021. The New Season EP consists of 6 tracks, and a bonus (making 7 in total) was released on August 23, 2021.
Awards & Nominations
Over the years, Chidinma has been nominated for a good number of awards which includes:
- Best Vocal Performance (Female) nominee at The Headies – 2012
- Nigeria Music Video Awards (NMVA) nominated her for Best Afro Pop – 2012
- Best Indigenous Concept nominee at the Nigeria Music Video Awards (NMVA) – 2012
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards nominated her as the Best New Act of the Year – 2012
- Best Pop/R&B Artist of the Year Nominee at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards – 2012
- At the Nigeria Music Video Awards (NMVA), I Am Sorry was nominated as the Best Afro Hip Hop Video – 2013.
- Channel O Music Video Awards nominated Emi Ni Baller as the Most Gifted African West – 2013
- Nominated for Best Collabo at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards – 2013
- City People Entertainment Awards nominated her as the Musician of the Year (Female) – 2013
- Best Collabo of the Year nominee at the City People Entertainment Awards – 2014
- City People Entertainment Awards nominated her as the Musician of the Year (Female) – 2014
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards nominated her for Best Pop/R&B Artist of the Year – 2014
- Female Artist of the Year nominee at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards – 2014
- Best Music Video of the Year (Artist & Director) nominee at Nigeria Entertainment Awards – 2014
- Nominated Oh! Baby – You & I (featuring Flavour N’abania) for Best Collaboration at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards – 2014
- Nominee at African Muzik Magazine Awards for the Best Female West Africa – 2014
- MTV Africa Music Awards nominated her as the Best Female – 2014
- Best Female West African Act by Kora Awards in 2012
- Best Pop Extra Video by Nigeria Music Video Awards in 2013.
She has since then released some songs, which include:
- I Am A Winner (with MTN Project Fame All-Stars) – 2011
- Jankoliko (featuring Sound Sultan) in the album Chidinma – 2011
- Carry You Go in the album Chidinma – 2011
- Kedike in the album Chidinma – 2011
- Run Dia Mouth in the album Chidinma – 2011
- Emi Ni Baller (featuring Tha Suspect and iLLBliss) – 2012
- Kite – 2013
- Emi Ni Baller – Remix (featuring WizKid) – 2013
- Bless My Hustle (featuring Phyno) – 2013
- Jolly – 2013
- Oh Baby – 2013
- Sweet Like Shuga (with Flavour, KCee, Sound Sultan, and Professor) – 2013
- CAPITAL Krismas (with Tha Suspect, iLLBliss, Tesh Carter, and Clarence Peters) – 2013
- Oh Baby – You & I (featuring Flavour) – 2014
- Kuli Kache – 2014
- Martha – 2014
- Fallen In Love”-2017
- Jehovah Overdo”-2021
- This Love
Chidinma‘s net worth is US$2.8 million. She is one of the wealthiest female musicians in Nigeria.
- Instagram: @chindinmaekile
NOTICE!! NOTICE!! NOTICE!!
FOLLOW US TODAY!!