Some Opinions I Hold About MusicFebruary 1, 2023
- Artists whose lyrics are trivial are equivalent to poets who write nursery rhymes.
- Moving from one producer to the other, especially as an upcoming, isn’t wise. Have one or two primary producers. Blow with them as it is the culture recently.
- Burna Boy should go back to Kel P. His best moment in music came during his time with him.
- Staying on a key that is comfortable for you all the time is boring. During my last recording session, I was told to get a primary key I’m comfortable with. It’s sensible, but I love adventures. My album is a testimony when it’s out.
- Nigerian music businessmen badly need to create a festival forever. We are losing a lot of money.
- I am not sure the artists scouting aspect of A&R is functioning in this country. I may need to step in soon enough.
- Instrumentalists are myopic such that they have failed to study the likes of Yo-Yo Ma, with multiple Grammys and over 80 album contributions. Fiokee, a guitarist, opened the floor with his first album; others should follow suit.
- Rappers in Nigeria still do not know where to sing rap songs. Many would rather do a hardcore that won’t sell rather than feature a good singer to easily commercialize a song. Feeling by Ladipoe, Mine Alone by SDC, and Pon Pon by Olamide will convince you.
- Old-generation artistes like 9ice and co trying to get back into the game need collaborations with newly undiscovered artists with potential or newly discovered artists trending presently. Argue with Mayorkun‘s Holy Father, Olamide‘s Jailer, Wizkid‘s Essence etc.
- Afrobeats is not innovative enough. Big guns like Wizkid, Burna Boy, Davido etc., should do something about galleries, museums, collections etc. Afrobeats culture in Nigeria is more abstract than it’s artistic.
I have more, but I will stop here. You are welcome to drop yours off.
NOTICE!! NOTICE!! NOTICE!!
FOLLOW US TODAY!!