Pusha T Biography: Wife, Net Worth, Songs, Age, Twin Brother, Albums, Child
Terrence LeVarr Thornton (born May 13, 1977), widely recognized as Pusha T, is a multifaceted American rapper, songwriter, and record executive from the Bronx, New York City. He rose from obscurity as one-half of Clipse, a hip-hop duo he co-piloted with his brother No Malice.
Their debut album, Exclusive Audio Footage, dropped in 1997, but the 2002 release Lord Willin‘ catapulted them to mainstream recognition. This album featured hits like Grindin‘ and When the Last Time, solidifying Pusha T‘s standing as a rising star in the rap realm.
Pusha T embarked on a solo journey following this breakthrough, crafting triumphant albums including My Name Is My Name and Daytona. These records not only showcased his artistry but also fostered collaborations with a diverse array of artists. Armed with sharp lyricism, a distinctive voice, and a streetwise edge, Pusha T‘s music resonated deeply.
|Wiki Facts & About Data|
|Full Name:||Terrence LeVarr Thornton|
|Stage Name:||Pusha T|
|Born:||13 May 1977 (age 46 years old)|
|Place of Birth:||The Bronx, New York, United States|
|Education:||Princess Anne High School|
|Parents:||Gene Elliott Thornton Sr., Mildred Thornton|
|Spouse:||Virginia Williams (m. 2018)|
|Girlfriend • Partner:||Fefe Dobson (2010-2011), Karrine Steffans (2000)|
|Children:||Nigel Brixx Thornton|
|Occupation:||Rapper • Record Executive|
|Net Worth:||$20 million|
Early Life & Education
Pusha T was born on May 13, 1977, in the Bronx, New York City. He later moved to Virginia Beach, Virginia, where he grew up with his twin brother, Gene “No Malice” Thornton. They formed the rap duo Clipse and gained recognition in the early 2000s for their gritty, drug-dealing-themed lyrics and their association with the Neptunes, a Pharrell Williams and Chad Hugo production duo.
Pusha T‘s father, Gene Elliott Thornton Sr., passed away in April 2022, while his mother, Mildred Thornton, died just four months prior in November 2021.
Pusha T attended and graduated from Princess Anne High School in Virginia Beach, Virginia. After completing high school, he focused on pursuing a music career rather than higher education.
Alongside his brother, No Malice, he formed the hip-hop duo Clipse and gained recognition in the early 2000s for their distinctive style and lyricism. Pusha T‘s dedication to his craft and contributions to the music industry have garnered him a significant following and critical acclaim.
Pusha T has collaborated with various artists, released solo albums, and served as the president of Kanye West‘s record label, GOOD Music. It’s important to note that educational backgrounds do not necessarily determine an artist’s success or talent in the music industry, as creativity and skill can be developed through personal experiences and dedication to the craft.
Pusha T‘s love affair with music ignited at a tender age, fanned by his older brother’s passion for hip-hop. Together, the Thornton brothers delved into music during their teenage years. A fortuitous meeting with Pharrell Williams in the mid-1990s led to a record deal with Elektra Records, but their debut album languished in obscurity, prompting them to part ways.
In 2002, Clipse‘s debut album Lord Willin‘ emerged under Arista Records and Pharrell Williams‘ Star Trak Entertainment, garnering critical acclaim and commercial success, driven by the standout track Grindin‘. The duo continued to chronicle their experiences in the drug trade, solidifying a dedicated following for their lyrical prowess.
Pusha T‘s solo path began with mixtapes like Fear of God and Wrath of Caine in the late 2000s and early 2010s. In 2011, he aligned with Kanye West‘s GOOD Music, becoming the label’s president in 2015.
As a solo artist, he unveiled his debut studio album, My Name Is My Name, in 2013, which met with critical acclaim. The 2018 release of Daytona, produced entirely by Kanye West, earned widespread praise. Pusha T‘s lyrics wove intricate stories throughout his journey, resonating with urban life, opulence, and hip-hop.
Pusha T‘s tale began as part of Clipse, sharing the limelight with his brother No Malice. His solo chapter bloomed in 2002 as Clipse released Lord Willin’, coupling critical acclaim with commercial triumph. His journey unfolded through albums and mixtapes, including Hell Hath No Fury in 2006 and Til the Casket Drops in 2009, leading to a hiatus.
In 2018, Daytona, produced by Kanye West, took center stage, hailed for its artistry. Pusha T‘s journey continued with collaborations featuring artists like Kanye West, Travis Scott, and Tyler, the Creator. His vocals, lyrical intricacy, and social insights painted a distinct portrait. Beyond music, Pusha T dabbled in fashion and business, collaborating with brands like Adidas and Play Cloths and launching his clothing line, Play Cloths. His role as a mentor on Rhythm + Flow also left a mark.
Awards & Nominations
BET Hip Hop Awards
- 2012: Best Club Banger (“Mercy” with Kanye West, Big Sean, and 2 Chainz)
- 2013: Track of the Year (“Numbers on the Boards”)
- 2013: Best Hip Hop Video (“Numbers on the Boards”)
- 2013: Best Collabo, Duo or Group (“Mercy” with Kanye West, Big Sean, and 2 Chainz)
- 2018: Album of the Year (“Daytona”)
- 2013: Best Rap Performance (“Mercy” with Kanye West, Big Sean, and 2 Chainz)
- 2013: Best Rap Song (“Mercy” with Kanye West, Big Sean, and 2 Chainz)
- 2013: Best Rap Album (as a featured artist on Kanye West‘s album “Cruel Summer”)
- 2019: Best Rap Song (“Sicko Mode” with Travis Scott, Drake, and Swae Lee, as a songwriter)
MTV Video Music Awards
- 2012: Best Hip-Hop Video (“Mercy” with Kanye West, Big Sean, and 2 Chainz)
- 2012: Best Editing (“Mercy” with Kanye West, Big Sean, and 2 Chainz)
- 2013: Best Hip-Hop Video (“Can’t Hold Us” with Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, as a featured artist)
- 2013: Best Collaboration (“Mercy” with Kanye West, Big Sean, and 2 Chainz)
- 2013: Video of the Year (“Mercy” with Kanye West, Big Sean, and 2 Chainz)
- 2013: Coca-Cola Viewers’ Choice Award (“Mercy” with Kanye West, Big Sean, and 2 Chainz)
MTV Europe Music Awards
- 2013: Best Song (“Can’t Hold Us” with Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, as a featured artist)
These are just a selection of awards and nominations that Pusha T has received. His rapper contributions and collaborations with other artists have earned him recognition in the music industry.
- Instagram handle: Pusha T (@kingpush)
- Twitter handle: Pusha T (@kingpush)
- TikTok handle: Pusha T (@pusha_t)
- YouTube handle: Pusha T
Pusha T and Virginia Williams have been wed for over five years, their union beginning in 2018. Their marriage is blessed with a son named Nigel Brixx Thornton, born in 2020.
Prior to his marriage, Pusha T was in a relationship with Fefe Dobson from 2010 to 2011. He also had a romantic encounter with Karrine Steffans in 2000.
- Early Life: Pusha T was born on May 13, 1977, in The Bronx, New York City. He was raised in Virginia Beach, Virginia, alongside his brother Gene Thornton, known as No Malice, with whom he formed the hip-hop duo Clipse.
- Family: Pusha T keeps his personal life relatively private, but he is known to be married. In July 2018, he tied the knot with Virginia Williams, a longtime girlfriend, in a lavish ceremony in Virginia Beach. Several notable figures from the music industry attended the wedding.
- Relationship with Kanye West: Pusha T has a close professional and personal relationship with rapper Kanye West. He joined Kanye’s record label, GOOD Music, in 2010 and has frequently collaborated with him. Pusha T served as the president of GOOD Music from 2015 to 2020.
- Legal Issues: In 1999, Pusha T was arrested for his involvement in a drug-related incident, but he later completed a plea deal and was sentenced to probation. This experience has heavily influenced his music, which often reflects his experiences in the drug trade.
- Philanthropy: Pusha T has supported various charitable causes. In 2018, he partnered with Adidas to donate $1 million to organizations focused on empowering underprivileged youth in his hometown of Virginia Beach.
- My Name Is My Name (2013)
- Daytona (2018)
- Fear of God II: Let Us Pray (2011)
- Fear of God (2011)
- Wrath of Caine (2013)
- Darkest Before Dawn: The Prelude (2015)
- Lord Willin’ (with Clipse) (2002)
- Hell Hath No Fury (with Clipse) (2006)
- Til the Casket Drops (with Clipse) (2009)
Pusha T‘s net worth is estimated to be around $20 million. He has earned his wealth through his successful music career and his business ventures outside of music.
Pusha T is the president of Kanye West‘s record label, GOOD Music, and has also launched his clothing line, Play Cloths. Additionally, he has appeared on television shows and in films, further adding to his net worth.
NOTICE!! NOTICE!! NOTICE!!
FOLLOW US TODAY!!