Machine Gun Kelly Biography: Net Worth, Age, Songs, Movies, Height, Daughter, Girlfriend, Songs, Wife, Wiki, Tattoos
Richard Colson Baker (born 22 April 1990), who goes by the stage name Machine Gun Kelly (Abbreviated MGK), is a multi-talented American rapper, singer, songwriter, and actor.
He is known for his compositional mixing of contemporary and alternative hip hop with rock.
He came into the limelight after he released a hit album “Lace Up” in October 2012.
The American rapper is considered one of the best in the world and has managed to garner fans worldwide who his rapping ability.
|Machine Gun Kelly MGK|
|Wiki Facts & About Data|
|Full Name:||Colson Baker|
|Stage Name:||Machine Gun Kelly MGK|
|Born:||22 April 1990 (age 33 years old)|
|Place of Birth:||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Children:||Casie Colson Baker|
|Girlfriend • Wife:||Amber Rose (ex.), Emma Cannon (ex.), Sommer Ray (ex.), Halsey (ex.), Kate Beckinsale (ex.), Chantel Jeffries (ex.), Megan Fox (curr.)|
|Occupation:||Rapper • Actor|
|Net Worth:||$12 million|
Machine Gun Kelly was born on 22 April 1990 and given the original name Richard Colson Baker.
He was born in Houston, Texas, in the United States, although he originates from Cleveland, Ohio, United States.
He was born to missionary parents who moved all around the continent from Egypt to Germany and so on.
They’ve also lived in different locations in the United States, ranging in no particular order from Chicago to Denver and Cleveland.
He finally settled in Cleveland together with his father after his mother had left home and soon moved in with his aunt after his dad suffered from unemployment and depression.
Machine Gun Kelly suffered bullying and maltreatment from other children in the neighborhood while he was growing up.
Following his father’s predicament, Colson stopped schooling and began to carve a niche for himself by calling out elder classmates.
On the other hand, Machine Gun Kelly‘s father left him under the care of his aunt and moved to Kuwait to work for the army. Machine Gun Kelly had to live under his aunt’s basement at that time.
Living under the basement in secrecy made Colson indulge in hard drugs and, on the positive side, allowed him to record his first amateur demo tape, which he titled Stamp Of Approval.
However, his father came back to take them both to Kuwait, a country in the Middle East, but the pair were deported to the US a few months later, where they had to return to Cleveland to start a new beginning.
Machine Gun Kelly MGK started schooling in Hamilton Middle School, teaching an ethnically diverse student body in Denver, Colorado.
He moved to Thomas Jefferson High School a few years later but could not complete his studies after his father relocated him to Kuwait.
After returning to Cleveland, MGK attended Shaker Heights High School, where he finally graduated and earned his High School certificate.
Machine Gun Kelly ended up with multiple careers as a rapper, singer, songwriter, and actor. He got Machine Gun Kelly‘s name due to his rapid and straightforward fire delivery in his rap songs.
He started singing while he was in grade six and released his first mixtape, “Stamp Of Approval,” in 2006. The mixtape followed great reviews, and MGK became famous in his locality, which allowed him to perform at local Cleveland events.
The now-famous rapper released four other mixtapes before he was snapped up and contracted with Bad Boy and Interscope Records in 2011.
His official label debut album was released in October 2012, with the title “Lace Up,” which followed a positive response from critics. The record, which contains hit singles like Invincible, Wild Boy, Shut Up, Stereo, and Hold on (Shut Up), climbed to No. 4 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
Furthermore, he released the single, Till I Die and A Little More for his second studio album titled General Admission, released in October 2015, which debuted at No. 4 on the album’s chart.
In late 2016, Machine Gun Kelly MGK released what would be his biggest single in the industry with a collaboration with Fifth Harmony‘s Camila Cabello titled Bad Things.
The song debuted at No. 80 on the Billboard Hot 100 and slowly climbed up to the chart until it peaked at No. 10, giving both singers a record top 10 hits as solo artists. The single, Bad Things brought good things to singer MGK and Camila Cabello after they were nominated for Top Rap Collaboration at the 2017 Radio Disney Music Awards, which they won.
The single was also used as the lead single off his third studio album, Bloom, and was released on May 12. It debuted on No. 8 on Billboard’s top 200 charts. Machine Gun Kelly MGK released a series of hit singles after that, including The Break-Up and Home featuring X Ambassadors and Bebe Rexha.
The song Break Up served as Netflix’s “Bright” soundtrack and rose to No. 90 on Billboard’s Hot 100 chart.
The following year, Machine Gun Kelly MGK was on the News several times over Feud with fellow rappers Eminem and G-Eazy. Machine Gun Kelly MGK, on a freestyle performance on Funkmaster Flex Radio, dissed G-Eazy, accusing him of copying his style and making “frat rat.”
As expected, G-Eazy swiped back at him by releasing his own diss track titled “Bad Boy,” but MGK is yet to reply to this. While MGK ignored G-Eazy‘s diss track, he released “Rap Devil” on 3 September in a swift response to Eminem‘s diss at him on “Not Like.” The song made it to the top of the iTunes chart on September 10 and September 14, which he included in his EP titled Binge, released on September 20.
Subsequently, he released other albums such as Hotel Diablo in 2019 and Tickets To My Downfall in 2020.
Aside from music, Machine Gun Kelly MGK has also dobbed into acting. He made his film debut in a 2014 film titled Beyond The Light. Then he starred in Showtime’s comedy-drama series titled Roadies as Wesley (also known as Wes) in 2016. He was also cast in lead roles for “Viral,” Punks Dead: SLC Punk 2, and Nerve in 2016.
In 2018, he played the character of Felix in the Netflix film, Bird Box and 2019. Additionally, he portrayed Tommy Lee in the Netflix film titled The Dirt.
Awards and Nominations
Machine Gun Kelly MGK‘s contributions to the entertainment industry have not gone unrewarded. The rapper and actor have received various recognition from different organizations, most of which includes:
- Billboard Music Awards
- 2017 “Bad Things” (shared w/ Camila Cabello) Top Rap Collaboration (Nominated)
- 2021 Top Rock Artist (won)
- iHeartRadio Music Awards
- 2018 “Say You Won’t Let Go” (with Camila Cabello) Best Cover Song (Nominated)
- MTV Europe Music Awards
- 2012 US Artist About To Go Global (Won)
- 2020 Best Alternative (Nominated)
- MTV Video Music Awards
- 2020 “Bloody Valentine” Best Alternative (Won)
- MTV Woodie Awards
- 2012 Machine Gun Kelly Breaking Woodie (Won)
- 2013 Woodie of the Year (Won)
- Ohio Hip Hop Awards
- 2009 Machine Gun Kelly Best Live Performer (Won)
- “Alice in Wonderland” Best Music Video (Won)
- 2011 Machine Gun Kelly Best Mixtape Artist (Won)
- “Lace Up” Best Mixtape (Won)
- Machine Gun Kelly Best Male Artist (Won)
- “Cleveland” (shared w/ Dubo) Video of the Year (Won)
- 2012 Machine Gun Kelly Best National Artist (Won)
- “Rage Pack” Best National Mixtape/Album (2nd Place)
- “Police” (shared with Pooh Gutta) Best Collaboration (Won)
- 2014 Machine Gun Kelly National Noise Maker (Won)
- “Mind of a Stoner” (shared with Wiz Khalifa) Best National Music Video (Won)
- “Breaking News” Best National Music Video (2nd Place)
- “Mind of a Stoner” (shared with Wiz Khalifa) Best National Collaboration (Won)
- Radio Disney Music Awards
- 2017 “Bad Things” (shared with Camila Cabello) Best Collaboration (Won)
It is no surprise that Machine Gun Kelly MGK is one of the most followed celebrities on social media, following his fame in the music and film industry. He has over 8.6 million followers on Instagram with over 280 posts.
The young American sensation is also on Twitter and Facebook. See his handles below.
- Instagram: @machinegunkelly
- Twitter: @mgkofficial
- Facebook: Machine Gun Kelly
- Snapchat: friedpiper
Machine Gun Kelly MGK is quite tall, with a height of 6 feet 4 inches (190 cm). He has a slim body that weighs 70kg (154 Ibs) with light-brown hair and a tattoo-occupied body.
Machine Gun Kelly MGK has a beautiful daughter named Casie Colson Baker, although he is no longer in a relationship with her mother, Emma Cannon.
In 2015, Machine Gun Kelly MGK confirmed rumors he is dating hip hop model, Amber Rose. Unfortunately, the relationship didn’t last long, with the two going their separate ways in October 2015.
He also dated other ladies, including Sommer Ray, Halsey, Kate Beckinsale, and Chantel Jeffries. In 2020, he confirmed a relationship with the beautiful Megan Fox. The couple has remained together ever since.
Machine Gun Kelly MGK is not perfect as it may be. The rapper confessed several times to drug addiction which started from his early days. He even contemplated suicide after the habit took over his being.
However, Machine Gun Kelly MGK wanted to overcome his drug addiction which was why he attended a rehabilitation center where he was aided by a guidance counselor to fight against the addiction.
Following strict compliance and a brief relapse in 2012, MGK finally got over his addiction.
Machine Gun Kelly MGK lives as one of the wealthiest and influential American entertainers. He is valued to have an estimated net worth of $12 million.
He gets most of his income through his career as a singer and as an actor. In addition, the American rapper has an array of supercars, beautiful houses, and landed properties throughout America.
Machine Gun Kelly MGK‘s most outstanding achievement in his early career came with his debut album, Lace Up, released in mid-October 2012. The album debuted at No. 4 on the US Billboard 200.
So far, MGK has numerous singles with five studio albums to his name.
Here is a Break Down of MGK’S Discography;
- Studio albums -5
- Music videos- 70
- Featured singles -8
- Guest appearances-30
- “Alice in Wonderland”
- “Wild Boy”(featuring Waka Flocka Flame)
- “Invincible”(featuring Ester Dean)
- “Hold On (Shut Up)”(featuring Young Jeezy)
- “Wild Boy (Remix)”(featuring Meek Mill, 2 Chainz, French Montana, Mystikal, Steve-O, Yo Gotti)
- “Till I Die”
- “A Little More”(featuring Victoria Monet)
- “Gone”(featuring Leroy Sanchez)
- “Young Man”(featuring Chief Keef)
- “Bad Things”(with Camila Cabello)
- “At My Best”(featuring Hailee Steinfeld)
- “Trap Paris”(featuring Quavo and Ty Dolla Sign)
- “Go for Broke”(featuring James Arthur)
- “Home”(with X Ambassadors and Bebe Rexha)
- “The Break Up”
- “Hollywood Whore”
- “El Diablo”
- “I Think I’m Okay”(with Yungblud and Travis Barker)
- “Glass House”(featuring Naomi Wild)
- “Sorry Mama”(with Phem)
- “Why Are You Here”
- “Bullets with Names”(featuring Young Thug, RJmrLA, and Lil Duke)
- “Misery Business”(with Travis Barker)
- “Smoke and Drive”
- “In These Walls (My House)” (with Pvris)
- “Love on the Brain”
- “Bloody Valentine”
- “Concert for Aliens”
- “My Ex’s Best Friend”(featuring Blackbear)
- “DayWalker” (featuring Corpse Husband)
- -“Love Race” (featuring Kellin Quin)
- -“A Girl Like You”(with Travis Barker)
- Lace-Up (2012)
- General Admission (2015)
- Bloom (2017)
- Hotel Diablo (2019)
- Tickets to My Downfall (2020)
- Born with Horns (2021)
Machine Gun Kelly MGK is also a good actor who has starred in several films. Check out MGK’s filmography below.
- 2014 Beyond the Lights as Kid Culprit (Credited as Colson ‘MGK’ Baker)
- 2016 Punk’s Dead as Crash
- Nerve as Ty
- Viral as CJ
- The Land as Slick
- 2018 Bird Box as Felix
- 2019 Big Time Adolescence as Nick
- Captive State as Jurgis
- The Dirt Tommy as Lee
- 2020 The King of Staten Island as Tattoo Shop Owner
- 2021 The Last Son of Isaac as Lemay
- 2021 Midnight in the Switchgrass
- 2022 Jackass Forever as Himself
- TBA One Way as Freddy
- 2012–15 WWE Raw as Himself (2 episodes)
- 2013 Guy Court as Himself (Episode: “Sweepstakes”)
- 2014 Unsung as Himself (Episode: “Bone Thugs-n-Harmony”)
- 2015 Catfish as Himself (Episode: “Hundra & Emily”)
- 2015 Ridiculousness as himself
- 2016 Roadies as Wesley “Wes” Mason(10 episodes)
NOTICE!! NOTICE!! NOTICE!!
FOLLOW US TODAY!!
WhatsApp: +1 (470) 206-8266